Traffic will return to pre-Callahan Tunnel closure conditions:
- On Wednesday morning (3/12), the Commercial Vehicle Only restrictions and the HOV lane 2+ restrictions will once again take effect on the South Boston Bypass Haul Road and the HOV Express Lanes to the Airport
- A complete closure of I-93 Southbound through Boston overnight Tuesday (3/11) at 11pm into Wednesday (3/12) at 5am will allow for the removal of overhead detour signage
- Police detail posts supporting the detour routes will end by Wednesday (3/12)
- The I-93 Southeast Expressway HOV Zipper Lane’s early 2pm Southbound opening will continue through Friday (3/14), but return to a 3pm opening on Monday (3/17)
- The traffic cameras that helped officials monitor detour route conditions and messages boards will be removed
The rehabilitation project allows for single-lane restrictions and complete overnight closures in the months ahead. The detour during those overnight closures will be posted as needed and direct motorists along surface streets and into the Ted Williams Tunnel.