Thursday, September 08, 2016
Back-2-School BBQ: Ketchup and relish the good times of summer
Everyone agrees that summer goes by way too fast, so why stop celebrating now! Join the Edgerley Family South Boston Boys & Girls Club this Friday night, September 9th, starting at 6:00 pm, at Coppersmith. The Club name may have changed recently, but it remains the South Boston Boys & Girls Club standing proudly on the corner of “F” & West Sixth Streets, that has supported children and families for over 75 years. Here are some details on the event:
· Chef Jason Heard is serving up his Southern home cookin’: BBQ pulled pork sliders with cole slaw, smoked BBQ wings, cheeseburgers sliders with house made pickles and sauce, fried macaroni and cheese bites, caprese mozzarella tomato and basil skewers and his famous street corn.
· Challenge your friends to a game of corn-hole or giant jenga on the top deck or test your strength and coordination on the mechanical bull.
· DJ Kupah James will be spinning an array of music including some “old school” dance tunes from his perch above the “catwalk”.
· All guests will be eligible to win a fantastic door prize which includes: four premier box seats to a Red Sox/Orioles game, parking and pre-dinner at Eastern Standard Kitchen.
· Tickets are $25.00 each and can be purchased online
Coppersmith is located at 40 W. Third Street. Free parking courtesy of the Channel Center Garage, 116 W First Street.